2013/08/31

Conophytum ectypum, Umdaus

Bottom line i`ve got the opened flowers of this tricky plant! Conophytum ectypum stringed me about two or three days. I`ve been gone to work in the morning it standed with closed flowers. I were back from work and saw the same situation. But the Saturday broke this order :)
Very beautiful and big flowers! I pollinated it with a hope to get seeds from this beauty.



Also i`ve got the picture with conophytum guard :) Someone with striped back, fly or so sits in front of the plant like a cono owner :) 


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful flower on those conos Aleksey. I would describe it as lilac in color. I've never grown conophytums. The flower tubes are so long they look like fireworks shooting out of the plants. That's a big, and fuzzy, fly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob, thank you for your kind comment! You determined flowers as "fireworks" absolutely right. It seems that the flower itself is placed in the space alone and don`t belong to the plant :)

    ReplyDelete